The New Dungeness Light Station is one of the oldest lighthouses in the Northwest with several of the buildings intact. It is located at the tip of the nearly 5 mile long Dungeness Spit in Sequim, Washington. The Lighthouse has been in continuous operation, providing navigational aids since its completion in 1857. The Light Station is maintained and operated by the New Dungeness Light Station Association. Membership in the association furthers the mission of the preservation, restoration, and interpretation of the site. Members can also become Keepers.